It’s Taco Tuesday guys! But let’s be honest I’ll eat Tacos any, if not everyday! As I previously mentioned on my last recipe (Salsa Fresca Avocado Toast), I absolutely love Mexican food so Tacos are a no-brainer for me. These Spiced Salmon Tacos I’ve been eating on and off for the last year or so. They are so quick and easy to make but also amazingly delicious to eat.
Salmon is a great fish to include in your diet. It’s a great source of Omega-3 healthy fats, vitamins A, D, E and K. Not only that but salmon has such a unique flavour, not too fishy but mild and distinctive. I love the taste of salmon combined with punchy spices and the smokey, zesty chipotle lime crema. Anyway enough said, I implore you to give this a try recipe. It’s fun, easy, healthy and most importantly delicious.
- 4 fillets of salmon or white fish like cod/haddock
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional: olive oil or oil spray
Chipotle Lime Crema
- 1-2 tsp. chipotle paste Sriracha sauce or hot sauce also work
- 125 g greek yoghurt or light soured cream
- Juice of 1 lime or 2 tbsp. lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 8-12 taco shells
- ½ lettuce sliced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 4 tbsp corns
- ¼ red onion diced
- 2 tbsp. coriander
- 4 wedges fresh lime
- Optional: avocado cabbage, cheese and/or corn
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
- Place fish fillet on in a lined shallow tray
- Combine all the spices (salt, pepper, chili, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic and onion powder) and rub into fish fillets. Spray or drizzle oil on fish
- Bake fish in oven for 10-15 minutes
- Whilst the fish is cooking - make the chipotle lime crema by mixing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, coriander and any other chosen ingredient for a fresh tasting salad topping. Prepare taco shells according to package instruction.
- Once the fish is cooked, break fish fillets into chunks and divide between tacos. Top with salad and chipotle lime crema
You can also serve the Spiced Fish from the recipe without the taco in a burrito bowl with salad, rice/quinoa and beans.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 2-3 Tacos
Amount Per Serving Calories 504Total Fat 22gCarbohydrates 44.4gProtein 33g
Nutrition information is based on the exact ingredients and quantities used to create the recipe which can be used to estimate calorie and macronutrient content of similar recreations